Mission Medical Association Vision Statement
Mission Medical Associates (MMA) will provide convenient regional access to high quality medical care and services through an integrated healthcare delivery system. MMA will use the latest informational systems to improve healthcare delivery and quality while reducing cost. MMA will attract and retain the best physicians by establishing a foundation of quality, accountability, transparency and shared governance. As a not-for-profit entity, MMA will help to advance the not-for-profit mission of Mission Health System.
- MMA will be a physician-led organization, providing patient-centered care.
- MMA will attract and retain the best physicians by establishing a foundation of quality, accountability, transparency and shared governance.
- MMA will establish cost-efficient, disease-specific, evidence-based quality standards across MMA.
- MMA will be selective in group affiliation and physician employment to maintain the highest level of quality.
- MMA will collaborate with WNC rural hospitals and communities in establishing a primary care network and in establishing selective specialties as appropriate.
- MMA will use its expertise, resources and infrastructure upon request and where appropriate to assist physician practices and aligned hospitals in practice management, IT and other back office solutions.
- MMA will continually adapt and innovate to succeed in a rapidly changing healthcare landscape.
- MMA will cooperate with the local and regional professional community in maintaining and enhancing our overall market competitiveness and will assist in implementing the MHS 2010-2014 strategic plan.
- MMA will follow and honor Mission Hospital Philosophy & Guidelines and MERIT Values for Physician Integration.